KnK is devoted to supporting disadvantaged youths in Asia and encouraging international friendships. Our mottos are “Education and Friendship with Children in Asia” and “Growing Together.”
- Support children on the street, victims of trafficking and natural disasters, and youth under forced labor or in conflict with the law.
- Reintegrate these youths with their families and into society.
- Help them grow into independent adults with confidence and self-esteem.
- Promote international awareness and cooperation among Asian youth.
- Provide education and extracurricular activities. KnK believes such activities greatly enrich the children’s lives and aid them in becoming well-rounded adults.
Since September 2000, when our first project was initiated in Cambodia, the association has never stopped growing.
At that time, only 10 boys were accommodated at our "House for Youths" in Battambang, Cambodia. Now, there are more than 2,000 children and adolescents, both boys and girls, who benefit from our support in ten different countries in Asia.
The characteristics of our activities have broadened to include aid and relief for victims of natural disasters. This started in 2005, when we decided to support children affected by the Indian Ocean Tsunami and by the massive earthquake in Pakistan.
We were determined to establish a Japanese association which would be recognized and respected. We are still on our way to achieving that goal. From initiation, we have gained support from our international partner organizations, including International Organization for Migration (IOM), the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT), and Terres des Hommes-Netherlands (TdH-Netherlands). The Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Japan Post also have provided grants for our projects. Private companies in Japan, such as Shogakukan Inc., UBS Securities Japan Ltd., and ITOCHU Corporation also support us. In addition, close to 6,500 individual supporters bring us great confidence to continuing our efforts
Today we are constantly working towards our goal - to help underprivileged children and youths in Asia become reintegrated into society.